I took a Safari last Friday in the afternoon; by now you know it’s a journey or trip, to an internet point that deals with; internet services, money exchange, Western Union money transfer and also telephone services. The shop is in a very central place in the sense that many people pass next to it in numbers and they can’t fail to see it. It has a big poster to show what they deal with, and my attention was drawn by the old European notes that were in circulation before the EU came into being. The poster reads, “Money Exchange”. From this poster then I was drawn into it and kept myself busy looking how people are coming and going. This shop is in Via conciliazione 41A, called Casa Del Turista.

From my vintage point first from outside, I could see people stopping to look at the old European notes and then talking about it. This couple came and talked about how beautiful looking the notes looked compared to what they have now. Their standing attracted another group of people and in a short time, a congregation was there.There were people of different age groups, ladies and gentlemen. At the door were 10 people of whom four went into the shop and they made me go in with them. Another sight opened for me, people calling and browsing the internet and some queuing up for services in money exchange. The people inside looked mostly foreigners since with money exchange I know that many either were exchanging money or sending money home. Then the positioning of the shop really was ideal. Some were not sure what to do and I found out that some were calling, since they saw others calling and were drawn into a transaction they really did not want to get into, but since almost everyone was doing something in that relation, then, they too found themselves doing the same.

The talking habits were all different since, I heard people talking in tongues that I never heard before and the expressions left me wondering what they could be emphasizing. Some, I thanked God that it was just a call, could have made an earthquake out of the phone call they were making. Mmhh…people can really express themselves! My Safari came to a halt when one of my colleagues came by and found me in this position, waiting also to make a call so that I too can make gestures like them, and at that point I could say I had spent 20 minutes. I went out smiling for I saw what I always assume; the buying behavior of people, the calling behaviour and the influence that we get from others. Where the Safari took me after, I will let you know next…!

No comments: